Thursday, June 12, 2008

Say Cheese!!


Today I am under "house arrest" and working from home. I have had terrible morning, noon, and night sickness for about 7 weeks and counting. During this time I have also had 3 fainting spells... scary stuff! Yesterday was the latest fainting spell at Target check out line of all places... and no it wasn't because of my check out bill. I did go to the Labor and Delivery Observation for a few hours of tests. Everything looks good, including baby's precious heartbeat. So now I am at home resting and waiting for the doctor to call regarding a follow up. I am praying to get over this "morning sickness" ASAP and to be energized. My sweet husband has really been the best!! He has taken over all household chores and w/ a smile on his handsome face. I couldn't have asked for a more loving and caring husband. Please keep us in your prayers> that the sickness will subside, my energy will return, the pregnancy and baby will remain healthy.

I thought I would share the day I told Tommy about the baby:
"Say Cheese"


Tommy was out of town for the weekend for a Bachelor Party. Saturday morning I went to the grocery store to stock up on a few things and decided to buy a pregnancy test. I came home unpacked my goods, and had lunch. I had not planned on taking the test because I did not suspect that it was positive (or at least not yet). But, I decided "what the heck", "what if" ...well:
you know the results and 5 tests later.. only 4 are in the photo. I know, why 5 tests you ask. I had some crazy theory that the 1st 2 might be wrong and they were in the same box. The 3rd was defunk weird kinda negative result (My dear friend Leslie got it for me), so we went to the pharmacy and bought another 2 pack. I took one more and it was positive. I saved the last for Sunday morning as soon as i got up.. just to be sure i was really pregnant and not dreaming.
Can I just say that after the first positive test I dance around the bedroom, jump around then prayed. I also called my sweet sister in law, Joy, right after the first test to come over. I needed to be w/ someone for a few minutes and to be there when I took the second test.









Sunday, Tommy was getting dropped off at home while I was at church. I took the laptop and his car keys w/ me. I did not want him to see that I had searched all night long about "what to do when your pregnant" and I did not want him to leave to work out. I couldn't wait another minute to share the good news. When I got home he was in bed recovering from a long night! Obviously I was anxious for him to get up, shower, and hang out w/ me. After breakfast in bed, he took the longest shower ever, and the longest time to groom. Once he came down to read the morning paper I set up my camera and wanted to try out my new remote. Here is how it all went down:


R: Ok, babe I want to test my new camera remote. Look at the camera and say cheese. (FYI: I had already tested the thing out and got a few shots, see below)
T: Cheese
R: Crap it is a blank photo. (No joke all of the sudden it didn't work like 3 times, I am getting nervous and probably sweating at this point)
R: Lets try again, it is working, Say Cheese (click, flash from the camera)
T: Cheese
R: One more time, Say CHEESE.....(long pause)... RHONDA IS PREGNANT (click, flash)
T:Huhh?!!
R: Seriously (click, flash)
R:Really (click,flash x2 or 5 more times)
T: What is up w/ the camera (who could blame him .. it was flashing like the paparazzi)
R: Oh, ..I was just trying to be clever and get your surprise reaction on film!!


It worked!!! I gave him a few minutes or 20 to let it sink in, I read him the letter I wrote the night before to share all the crazy things I was thinking too, and then we prayed together.
A few hours later we shared our news w/ the rest of the Hatfield Family.












4 comments:

Leslie said...

Ahh!!! I LOVED THIS! Haha! It was fun to re-live that day again, although I couldn't believe I brought over the "falty" test. :) The pics are so great and such a good idea! I love the one where Tommy is looking at your stomach!

Jill said...

What a sweet post!!! I love that you got his reaction...PRICELESS!! I'll be praying that you begin feeling better soon and that you will stop fainting!!!

Biz said...

Hey Rhonda! I know we didn't get to meet in person when I was in Dallas last month, but I feel like I know from all Leslie has said about you. :) Anyway, welcome to the world of blogging and congrats on becoming a Mommy! -biz

Kelly said...

That is TOOOOOO sweet! Love the pics!