Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day Numero Uno






Sunday we celebrated Tommy's First Father's Day. We started by attempting to make it to church, but baby Hatfield is still causing me a lot of morning, noon, and night sickness. So back to bed for an early morning nap I went. We headed to lunch at a local restaurant w/ family, but we had to make a fast exit thanks to baby Hatfield. I just could not cool off in the restaurant and was feeling pretty sick. Poor Tommy, his first Father's Day was spent caring for his wife. I am sure that both, Tommy and I, would do it all over again in exchange for the miracle that is growing inside of me. Now, we are just excited to see Baby Hatfield celebrating w/ us next year.

In between the naps and sickness I was able to work up a creative gift for Tommy. I think he really did love it. Here are the details:
Last November 2007, Tommy and I went on a 4 week trip around the word. .. literally!! Tommy spent months planning all the details to this once in a life time adventure. It was FABULOUS!!! Our 2007 Christmas card included little snapshots of several of the place we visited on the trip.
The gift: I framed the Christmas card w/ a note attached "THE ADVENTURES DON'T STOP HERE..."
The second gift was a little newborn "onesie" that I personalized w/ Tommy's alma mater (see photos) the note attached: "... THEY ARE JUST BEGINNING". I can't wait to see baby Hatfield wear the onesie.


I love this special day! It was a great chance to remind Tommy how much I love him and appreciate all he does and has been doing for our little family. To remind him that I notice his fruits of the spirit. His patience, love, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, joy, and goodness. I try to tell him every day that I love him.. more and more w each day that passes. Our new little family is a wonderful blessing and I look forward to this baby meeting his/her precious father.
HAPPY FATHER"S DAY, TOMMY. I love you!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Too sweet! You'll be amazed how in no time little Hatfield will outgrow that precious tiny onesie. I hope you start feeling better soon!

Leslie said...

I love, love, love the little onesie! You did so well with it! Tommy is going to be the best daddy! Y'alls Christmas card was so cool too...what an adventure!