Monday, June 30, 2008

Catching Up #1 HooDooVooDoo/Acupuncture




My "morning" sickness is still here, but I am surviving and there is a lot to catch up on.

Lets start w/ HOODOOVOODOO! Acupuncture!! OK, so I don't really think it is hoodoovoodoo or else I would not have agreed to try it! After weeks of "morning"sickness I finally gave in to my sweet mother in law's suggestion of trying acupuncture. I was willing to try anything that was not harmful to the baby. I was a little nervous at my first visit, but as soon as I met Dr. Wang all my nerves subsided. Dr. Wang has the sweetest disposition, calming touch, and warm smile. I was in good hands, that and I never looked at the needles.

Dr. Wang placed needles in the back my head, forehead, upper stomach, each wrist, and front of leg shin area. No pain..seriously I barely felt a thing. She then attached a few of the needles to an electrical pulse for about 30 minutes. I could feel the pulse, but again very little pain, maybe a little bee sting. Once this procedure was complete she put teeny tinny needles in each wrist for me to press when I felt nauseous ..really!  That was a little uncomfortable for the next few days. The next few treatments were about the same, maybe a few more needles, maybe a little more of a "bee"sting, but no major pain. I did finally take a look at the long, but very slender needles. My suggestion just don't look at the needles and take a deep breath as the doctor puts them in.. you'll be fine!! On one occasion we switched my take home "wrist" needles for needles in my ear.. that did not feel any better!

I do think the acupuncture helped a little. I did not toss my cookies as much the weeks following treatment! After 4 treatments I decided to take a little break and head to CVS for $10.00 "Seabands" to fight the nausea. I have been sporting the little blue bands for a week and I must admit the nausea is minimum. I have still tossed my cookies, but at least I am not queasy 24/7.

So my new favorite accessory..CVS blue seaband. You too can have this hot new accessory for $10.95. They look like little sweatbands, so I keep telling Tommy that I can take him on the basketball court now..yeah right. Not even on my good day could I take him!


Below: Acupuncture/Acupressure needles. I wore these for a few days before Dr. Wang put them inside my ears. Sorry no photos of my ears. 


3 comments:

Leslie said...

Great post! I would love to see the VOODOO!! I personally think the blue wrist bands make you look tough...don't mess with the cute pregnant lady. ;)

Kelly said...

I am going to go and try to find those seabands TODAY! Several people have mentioned them. It's worth trying. I haven't wanted to take any meds but I need some help!
Several people suggested accupuncture to us when we were going through infertiilty. I heard a lot of success stories with it. So I had it on my list to try but we ended up not having to!
Hope you are feeling better soon!

Jill said...

Bless your heart! I hope the seabands help and hopefully you will get over this hump soon!!!! Take it easy!!! I can't believe you are already 16 weeks! WOW, it won't be long!