Monday, October 6, 2008

A Winning Weekend


Friday night Tommy and I headed out for some Friday Night Lights! We went to see Tommy's Plano Wildcats beat Wylie's Pirates. Good Game! Fun night!

Saturday Tommy's College team University of Arizona got a Win. Woo Hooo...this makes everyone in our house happy!!

Sunday morning before the sun came up, Tommy headed out for his Triathlon. I am so proud of him! He got another Olympic distance triathlon under his best and did GREAT!!! 1 mile swim, 25  mile bike and 10k run. I love going out and cheering him on. I wonder if he knows that I get emotional at every race and every transition of the race. I do! I tear up as I wait to see him approach the transition area... i am there praying for the wind at his back, strength in his legs, good rhythm and breathing, safe conditions. I love to yell his name as I see him and cheer him on during the transition & to the finish line. I am proud of you, Tommy!!  You had a great race!!!

Tommy at the start of the run after the mile swim and 25 mile bike ride!! Looking good!


Tommy and Rob after the race. Way to go guys!!


Tommy, Rhonda & Baby H. Just think, next year there will be a baby in the stroller cheering on Dad at the finish line : ) 

Right after the race we came home to change clothes/shower and head off to the cowboy game. This was a special treat because Coco & Hatty invited us to sit in a box w/ their dear friends Dale & Sherry.  I loved the time at the game visiting w/ Coco & Sherry, watching Tommy and his Dad talk football, cheering on the cowboys to another victory, and meeting a few new people. Thank you Dale & Sherry for including us...we had a great time!! Can I just say they are the nicest people... kind hearts, generous spirits, and fun personalities. Their daughter is currently working on her music career...She is beautiful and very talented (we got to hear 2 of her demo songs..wow). We will keep Channing in our prayers as God has his hand on her career and success in the music industry.

What a great, winning weekend! I enjoyed every moment of it!! All special memories!!

4 comments:

The Allens said...

I really loved your nursery sneak peek. We are not finding out the gender of our baby, so I am looking at a lot of Taupe!

Leslie said...

You guys had a GREAT weekend!! I know all those wins made Tommy a happy camper! I love the preview of the babies nursery! It is going to come together beautifully!

TheFancyFritter said...

Hi! I'm having a giveaway on my blog that I think you may love! Come join and I hope you win! Thanks so much! :)

Audra Cain said...

Love the nursery colors! Eden's room is mostly taupe... Thank you so very much for our little cupcake huggie- one of my favorite verses. I also totally understand your emotion when Tommy races- Brett is training for his first mini-triathlon and I am already SO proud. When you get a chance, email me your mailing address- baby announcement, thank you, gift for baby H, etc. audeyree@yahoo.com