Tuesday, December 9, 2008

39 Week Bump & Check up




38.5 week photo

On Monday we went to see Dr. Harris for my 39 week check up. I was really anxious for this appointment because during the last week I thought I had experienced Braxton Hicks and perhaps we were finally making some progress toward Labor & Delivery. Nope! Still 1.5 cm dilated. 90% effaced.I have gained about 33-35lbs total..wow! My blood pressure is stil great and Baby H's heartbeat was 136, All measurements are good. Dr. H did ask me about my movement counts and I have felt that some days they are slow and then there are days w/ a lot of movement. Dr. H decided to do a sonogram for a 5 point assement..check movement, fluid, and at this point I can't remember what else.

We made a 40 week check up appointmet for next Monday just in case baby still is not here. Then the sono tech was ready for us... Immediatly, the tech told us that the baby is breech. What?? not what we were expecting! Some time in the last week the baby decided to turn... to our surprise and the doctor's. So this changes everything.

Cancel Monday's appointment and lets discuss options. After much discussion, prayer and second opinion we will be headed to the hospital on Friday morning about 545am, check in, have an epidural, Dr. H will meet us at 7am and try to externally move the baby. We should know with in 5 minutes if Baby H is going to turn or be stubborn and hangout in breech. If Baby H turns (which is what we are praying for) I will be induced and we wait for labor to begin...if Baby H decides to not turn then I will be prepped for a c section. So, PLEASE PRAY for Baby H to turn!!! We have complete peace in the labor and delivery and confidence in Dr. H and the medical staff.
For the next few days I am at home resting and praying for the baby to turn and to not go into labor while baby is still breech.
The sonogram did reassure us of a healthy baby weighing approx 8.5lbs, big cheeks, and looks like baby might have a lot of hair.
Friday we will be celebrating a new birthday and finally meeting our sweet Baby H.
See ya soon sweet Baby H, please listen to mommy and daddy and turn!

39 week photo

8 comments:

Jill said...

We are so excited for you guys. We will be praying that baby H will turn. I actually had a c-section, and though that's not at all what I had planned for, he came out just perfect!!! Get as much rest as you can, and charge those camera batteries!!! I know you are so excited to meet your precious little one!

Janet said...

Oh wow! Not long now! Enjoy your last couple of days and REST as much as you can! Looking forward to meeting Baby H and wishing you all the best for Friday. Whichever way it goes - doesn't matter, as long as baby is healthy! Good luck! :-)

The Allens said...

It is wonderful that your baby is healthy and fully developed. We will all be anxiously awaiting news after Friday!

Unknown said...

Baby H is just getting you ready for being a parent...just when you think you have things figured out everything changes! We will be praying for you guys, can't wait to meet him or her.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I know you are so anxious and so excited all at the same time! I'll be praying for Friday. I ended up having a C-section with Brody and it wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought it would be. I'll be praying that it doesn't have to happen for you, but most importantly I'll be praying for a healthy baby!

Mary said...

You look fabulous for 39 weeks pregnant! I don't think I smile at that point :) I know a c section sounds terrible but with my first baby it was necessary and it turned out totally fine--I've kept up with your blog through Kelly and I'm excited for you!!

Janet said...

Just wanted to say Good Luck - it's Friday afternoon here and you will be getting ready to welcome Baby H. Looking forward to hearing your news on Monday - with love from South Africa x

C♥ said...

Happy Due Date!!!