Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Hero...


..My Best Friend, My Handsome Husband, My Teammate, Your Dad!!


Today I am an estimated 38 weeks and 1 day into this precious pregnancy. So, with in the next 2 weeks we will be meeting this little bundle of joy that God has created. In recent days I have spent some time to reflect on memories from the past 9 months. The one constant memory...my husband caring for me each and every day w/o one complaint. On week 7 we made a trip to the emergency room. From that day on to week 23ish I was sick every day! Morning and Night throwing up and extreme nausea during the noon time. 3 times I passed out..scary!

Tommy was sure to be beside me each time I hung my head to be sick. He held back my hair, rubbed my back, wiped my face, and continued to flush. He would go to work late to be sure I was OK first. He did the dishes, laundry, cooking, shopping, let me pick the food...anything that would help me during those weeks. He just loved on me and took excellent care of me...like no other time in my life. When I hit week 24/25 the sickness started to disappear..YEAHHHH! For both of us.

But, still during the past few months Tommy always checks on me through out the day, cooks on the days I am tired, shops w/ me so I don't go alone, let me pick the meals for my cravings, bakes the best ever homemade chocolate cookies at 10:00pm because it sounds good to me right then, runs to the store late night for ice cream, sorbet, lemonade...you name it he takes care of it!! I do my very best to tell him THANK YOU every time he does something nice or helps me out. Your caring heart and hard work does not go unnoticed!

It is tough for me to ask for help, so this season has been quite the adjustment for me. But, I know that Tommy loves me and our baby and it is wise for me to not push myself.

Tommy, you are my hero! Thank you for taking care of me like no other. Thank you for loving me unconditionally, Thank you for telling me how beautiful I am every day, Thank you for taking our vows serious and to heart and for living them out every day. Thank you for making me laugh and for putting up w/ all the days I was super sick and could not do a dang thing, but get to the bathroom or lay in bed. Thank you for letting me keep Whataburger and Sonic in business w all my several times a week visits.

There are no words to tell you how much I love you, appreciate you, value our marriage and your friendship, respect you, and can't wait to start this new journey w/ you. You are my hero, my best friend, my handsome husband, my teammate, and about to become the best dad any child could pray for! I LOVE YOU THE MOST, YOUR SSW!!

Sweet Baby H, You have the best Dad in the world. One who already loves you unconditionally and would make many sacrifices for you. We look forward to meeting you. We have cherished this time that God has spent knitting you into a unique being. See you soon, precious one!
Love, Mom

No comments: