Monday, September 1, 2008

24 Week Check Up & Baby Bump




Hey Baby H,

One week ago we visited Dr. Harris for our 24 week check up. Your heart rate was 134 and sounded great. I gained 6 more pounds making the total so far 21lbs (I think I should be around 15lbs right now and only 26-30lbs for the whole pregnancy. I am not too concerned about the numbers as long as we are both healthy)...wowzers!! Dr. H is not concerned about the last 2 spurts in weight gain, but on alert. So, we have to lay off the yummy french fries, burgers, and late night Sonic treats...they are still allowed, but in moderation. Next visit in 4 weeks we take the Gestational Diabetes test. I hear the fruit punch/glucose cocktail that I need to drink about 45 minutes prior to the blood test doesn't taste so bad.. I am banking on that.  We are also praying that we are free and clear of  gestational diabetes.... for your sake and mine. Over all it was a quick and pain free visit.

Week 23....Your weight is almost  1 lb. Your crown to rump  length is approx. 8 inches. You are about the size of a small doll. 

Week 24.... Your weight is about 1 1/4 lbs.  Your crown to rump length is approx. 8 1/2 inches.  This week while I was relaxing and reading a book I could feel you bouncing a lot and noticed my belly  "bopping" up and down, you had the hick-ups and I could feel it. You still like to kick and move a lot in the late evening when I am first settling down for night in bed. Some days you have been very active even during the day. I sure do love to feel you move no matter what time day or night. 

I know that you are getting bigger and bigger w/ each week and I hope you already feel how much we all love you. Your Coco says that you are going to feel super loved because every time she sees me I am always touching and rubbing my sweet, growing belly, just so you know I am already loving on you.  She is right!!! I love rubbing my belly knowing you are inside. 

WEEK 24 BABY BUMP


Mommy and Daddy love you, Baby H. We pray for your health day and night. We are excited to see your precious face in December. Till then, stay comfy and keep growing big and strong. In the next few weeks we are doing a lot to prepare for you, prepared childbirth classes, reading, praying, celebrating, getting all the items needed for your room,  & meeting w/ a few pediatricians to find the right one for you to care for you (and answer all of mommy's questions/concerns through out the next several years).  This week we hope to really start considering  the perfect name for you. So, far lots of ideas, but I am waiting for God to lay the right names on our hearts... we can make a short list and when we see your face we will know what name God had planned for you. Will you carry on a tradition and be T. E. H. IV or will your initials be something completely new to our family. We shall wait and see. What ever names make the short list, we pray for a good strong name of character that fits you. 
Good night sweet baby, You are covered in love and prayers,
Mommy and Daddy

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm not sure if I'm just emotional or what, but this post brought on the tears! So sweet!! He/She will be here before you know it!!

Girl, you make pregnancy look good!! :)

Jenna said...

You're little bump is so adorable!

Deanna said...

Girl, you look beautiful! What a great 24 week bump shot. I love reading your updates and look forward to sharing more of this season together soon. :)

Unknown said...

You look great! You are going to love looking back at all that you wrote to your sweet baby. HOpe to see you all soon.

Audra Cain said...

You look fantastic! In great support of pregnancy weight gain, I had gained 12 pounds by 12 weeks and 26 by 24 weeks... We topped off at 40 total! My doctor wasn't the least bit concerned- and by the way- I was 20 pounds lighter just a week after having Eden. So, good for you for not stressing over it- it's all a blessing!